Professional Coaching Diploma
Are you ready to take the next steps and become a qualified and accredited coach?
If you are looking to retrain or to add coaching as part of your business offer this comprehensive and fun diploma is for you.
We are certified and accredited with both the ICF (International Coach Federation: ACTP - direct accreditation route to ACC & PCC) AND the most highly regarded and robust training that the ICF offers and AC (Association of Coaching - ACCT)
The diploma was created to offer structured, high-quality teaching combined with practical coaching experience to enable you to become the best coach you can.
And it doesn't stop there!
We believe that Psychology and Neuroscience underpin coaching and use evidence-based approaches to help you get your clients great results.
If you want something that will help you become an excellent coach AND build your coaching business look no further.
Why choose us? The Professional Coaching Diploma combines:
- Small cohort groups so you can build strong relationships and a network of other coaches from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Evidence based coaching approaches including neuroscience, positive psychology and transactional analysis as well as more mainstream approaches such as GROW to give you a diversity of experience
- Tutors and trainers who all run their own successful coaching businesses to support you every step of the way
- Business building support with mentoring and courses so that you can grow your business as you develop your coaching
- A coaching buddy so you can build your coaching hours and opportunities for pro bono coaching if you want to work with third sector and charitable organisations (or if you are still working and want to get more hours under your belt before you take the leap).
- Additional workshops in everything from team coaching to mental health to business coaching to executive coaching
My combining professional coach training AND business support you save ££££ by investing in our program (as well as saving time and energy!)
Investment £5000 + VAT or 12 x £500 + VAT, extended payment plans are available on request
What do people say?
"I got into coaching last year and I knew that I wanted to get a qualification.
I did look at other programs, but when I had the consultation with you I realised everything I was looking for is all blended in your course and I thought it was the right thing for me to do.
On the course, I literally come out of every session thinking "wow lightbulb moment". It's been so great because I've discovered a lot about myself. I am not only learning tools about how to help other people. I'm learning tools to help myself. When I need some self-coaching I can definitely do that and every week I learned something new for me to add.
It is helping me a lot from my previous business when I was coaching with no tools. Now I have more tools in my bag than I could ever ask for."
What would you say to someone considering signing up?
"If you're looking for something that's not going to just only help your clients, but help you as well, I would definitely sign up for it. It's helped me in more ways than one, in terms of all the different tools that we're learning different methods that we’re learning.
I'm self-coaching myself every day and I'm finding that I'm actually becoming a better person by using the tools from the course that I'm learning"
Nonie Leonard, Vision Board Life Coach and founder of the Highly Favoured Woman Community.
"I decided to take the qualification as I respect Ruth as a coach and specifically wanted to learn from her. I was looking to expand my skill set.
I have decided to focus more on coaching in my business, having learned to use these skills confidently and the value of coaching. I really enjoyed the weekly peer coaching and the relationships working in the group.
Coaching is a great, effective tool but there is a huge difference between having good training and just winging it. I love winging it in life but the foundations need to be there first! Ruth offers a really fantastic foundation and has brought out the value of honing this skill and offering this service."
Helen Johnson, Coach
"My background is in education, and I still am very much involved in that sector and it's a professional industry. And they want professional qualifications and professional experience and I think credibility is really really important.
I wholeheartedly trust everything that you could use and provide I think first and foremost you were the person who encouraged me to sign up and not because you knew that and because you told me to sign up just because I know how awesome you are and I know how serious you take coaching.
The second reason why was because of the professional nature of it. I wanted to go into corporate. I wanted to go into schools and for them to know that I'd taken my learning and my profession seriously and I wanted that to kind of be behind me as well.
It's everything that I thought it would be actually but probably, even more, I love the flexibility around it. I also would say that I've met some amazing people.
The people that I've met her just so lovely also very passionate about coaching at different stages of their career as well and the massive things for me is the practice, being able to actually practice with someone and to get feedback.
I love a bit of feedback and I think that's so important because when you do qualify you could tend to be just alone and you don't have to be alone, but you can tend to be alone and it's nice to have someone to listen to you and give you you know, little bits of advice and also motivate and boost you to say, you know, you're doing a good job."
"I was actually signed up with another training provider when your advert popped up, about the training. And the more I looked at the content that your course provided the more I was convinced I’d signed up with the wrong one.
It includes things on positive Psychology and Neuroscience, but also the practical business element side because it's not great learning to be a fantastic coach, if you don't actually know how to market yourself and then run and sustain a business.
Then I was hooked. I cancelled the other training and hopped on board with you for the October cohort."
What's your experience been like so far in the program?
"Fantastic right from the start, right from that sort of first initial contact. It's been exciting getting books through the post, and those books have quite literally changed my life. They are at the top of my reading list now.
And then the course content is really thorough. The trainers are just great people, and they're all there to help.
One of the things that I really love the most is how much coaching practice we do as part of the training. Then we are ready to take that out into real life and it doesn't feel scary. It doesn't feel daunting. It just feels natural because we're practising so much of it through the sessions which I think is really important.
I should probably mention how amazing everyone that's in the cohort is. It's nice to go and see them every week and to watch people progress.
It’s also really nice having that blend of people at different levels."
I have set up my business, which is coaching personal and professional development and I work with leaders right from future leaders into emerging leaders and also those semi-established leaders.
This has just been incredible for me. Because it gives me the skills, the knowledge, and the confidence I need. I've been on an incredible journey myself throughout this coach training that I think if I wasn't on, I wouldn't be able to serve my clients anywhere near as well as I do which is really powerful, really great."
What would you say to somebody he was thinking to sign up for February?
"Let's start with whether I sign up with Ruth or do I sign it with someone else? Do your research and I will be shocked if your research throws up something that looks better than Ruth’s course because I did a lot of research!"
So Go for it. What have you got to lose?"
"I’m a chartered accountant with over 16 years of corporate finance and audit experience in some of the biggest businesses in the UK. While I enjoyed my day job, I particularly loved the people elements - helping other people achieve their best.
So for 2020, I decided to focus more on people and become a coach. I was convinced my natural skills were enough and I didn’t need specific coach training. By March I’d left my job, had some clients, and was getting into the swing of networking. Then the world changed and my plan spluttered and stalled. Come the summer, I decided to reset, do a course, get qualified, and validate my skills."
I hunted around and picked Kudzi Coach Academy because I liked the breadth and depth of the training.
I love that it not only shows the power of pure coaching, it also demonstrates a bunch of tools and techniques you can use too.
I like the idea of finding my own natural coaching style, rather than following a regimented path, and to lean into what this means for my business. This training helps with all of this.
After I signed up, I sought more clients to relaunch with. I was open about my training and encouraged clients to join me to journey together, and it’s been great. They have loved being on that journey, and benefiting from launch customer pricing, and seeing how my skills are quickly developing.
I’m honestly shocked by how useful this training has been. I really didn't think I needed it, but I’ve totally changed my mind on that now. It was exactly what I need and I highly recommend it for anyone looking to maximise their coaching potential."
So, how does it work?
- Each week (or month if you choose the weekend option) we meet on zoom for our sessions they are all recorded for you to go back to if you need
- We are very aware of zoom fatigue and know how people learn so we make sure that we split the sessions into theory, discussion and coaching practice with regular breaks (we know about how the brain works!)
- You have the chance to coach and be coached in each session and observe different coaching styles as well as get feedback on your coaching against the competencies
- We believe in modelling best practice and will involve students in powerful coaching demonstrations as well as give access to recordings so you know what is expected of you and you can see what professional coaching looks like
- Outside of sessions we recommend 1-2 hours of coaching per week and an 1 hour of additional study which may be reading, podcasts or personal development.
- We often find our students want to do more! and if you need to do less we support you to go at your own pace
- The group sessions are supplemented by 10 mentoring hours where you work with an ICF (international coaching federation) coach of a PCC or above rating: we integrate the group sessions into the training and you book your individual sessions on top
- You are assessed with a live coaching session at the end and throughout the course will get formal feedback on 5 additional sessions and informal feedback (peer and tutor lead) each week, this feedback is built into the course structure
- We believe in supporting you and work with each student as an individual helping you track your progress to achieve your diploma and making sure you feel valued and supported
What we don't do:
- We don't make promises of 6 or 7 figures from doing the qualification - of course we talk about the financial aspect and help you build a business that plays to your strengths
- We won't let you feel like a number every student is important to us and we have put significant support and resource into place so you feel this!
- We don't give you nice feedback for the sake of it!: we have high and rigorous standards and although we are supportive we also help you to strep out of your comfort zone.
- We don't say you have to wait until you are qualified to start charging clients: we work with you on a plan for where you are and your experience and encourage you to start charging (if you haven't before) at least 1/2 way through the course
- We don't cut corners: the investment is significantly higher than some of our competitors as we give each student 10 mentoring hours included (worth £1500) as well as providing high quality training in small groups + business mentoring and coaching. This means the value is often 4-5 times our leading competitors (and means you are more likely to get a ROI)
"My name is Tyler Campbell, I’m 20 years old and founder of Fridays Coventry which is a youth initiative I set up to prevent knife crime and gang violence in Coventry.
I believe the coaching course so far has been a brilliant way to network and connect with many other individuals and organisations in the same position looking for the next step and new journey to start with this great opportunity of an accredited qualification.
The advice and tips are really beneficial and essential taking into real-life practises in the way projects may be lead or interaction to others. Also, I believe that coaching is a great mechanism for trust and to open up on how you're feeling and if not feeling well, how to feel to better.
"The work I was doing was mentoring but I really wanted to get into coaching. I knew a qualification was going to really unlock things for me. And it has massively. I was a good coach before, now I know I am a fierce coach.
Being coached every week has meant I have learned so much about myself and it has been a massive support and incredibly powerful. And I've loved looking at the different ways that we could coach. And the different frameworks we could use, rather than it just being, "This is the way," and it's a tick-box exercise, which it absolutely wasn't.
I have really discovered my style of coaching, which I can say is fierce because I do ask the challenging questions but with compassion and support. Another takeaway was some really deep work that I'm able to do with other people. So Lucy has a great line (who delivered the transactional analysis training) ."You can only meet people as far as you've met yourself." The biggest thing is for me doing the work myself so that I can then help other people do the work."
Anita Phagura, Coach and Founder of Fierce Project Management
What has your experience been so far?
"I When I was introduced to The Kudzi Coaching Academy & what was on offer, it was a must do moment! Since stepping into the learning arena, the diploma course & all that’s on offer, has far exceeded any expectations! The support is immense, the culture created is truly unique. The skills I'm learning is exactly what I needed!”
How are you hoping to use the course?
"I know this training will give me the foundational understanding & subsequent skill sets to excel as a coach, combined with the broad range of disciplines that will further serve my clients. To me the accreditation is a seal of dedication to help my clients create the life they so desire."
What would you say to anyone considering the course?
"Over the coming years there’s going to be a shift in the Coaching landscape, that being, it will become the norm & expected that if you operate as a coach you must be qualified & accredited, to be taken seriously & to be able to build a sustainable coaching practice. My advice to anyone thinking about whether to do this training is, don’t think it, just do it! Your investment will be returned back to you many times over, in so many ways. You will absolutely love what you will discover!”
Martin Miller, weareovertheedge.com
You may be thinking okay this sounds great : what do I actually get?
- You have 108 hours of live teaching over 7 months which gives you insight into different methods and approaches so you can coach to a professional level
- 10 hours of mentoring (group and individual) to help you build your coaching skills and reflect on your progress (we integrate your group mentoring into the sessions)
- Feedback on 6 sessions to help you improve your skills and become a confident and highly competent coach
- A private Facebook community where you can ask any questions and get non judgmental support for your coaching and your business
- Group business sessions to help you build your business and get clients as well as be a great coach (plus access to an online business program)
This looks like 8 full modules with their own student workbooks, all of these are recorded if you can't make them live (you need to attend 90% live to get your diploma)
- Unit 1: Introduction to coaching: Coaching mindset, presence, core skills and ethics
- Unit 2: The GROW model + beyond normative coaching models and the power of integration
- Unit 3: Needs, Values, Beliefs and Strengths : integrating a positive psychology approach
- Unit 4; DISC personality profiling (you get an additional certification) helping you communicate more effectively with clients
- Unit 5: Transactional analysis informed coaching methodologies
- Unit 6: Positive Psychology and how to integrate models and theories into coaching
- Unit 7: Neuroscience: the power of our thoughts and neuroplasticity
- Unit 8: Your Coaching Approach: beyond the course and embedding reflective practice
PLUS we are very aware that the narrative for many coaching organisations is everyone can achieve, we believe this alongside being aware that some people experience significant structural issues which means it is hard to succeed.
We therefore offer additional resources and training around equality and diversity and partner with third sector organisations to provide pro bono opportunities if you are interested as well as offering scholarship and partially funded places please contact [email protected] directly to discuss these.
As an organisation we donate 10% of business profits to charity, in Q1 this charity is Young Minds.
To develop well rounded and confident and highly competent professional coaches who stand out in the industry
To ensure coaches are working ethically and within ICF and AC boundaries
To develop coaches who are passionate and professional and build purpose driven businesses
To help our coaches to secure clients and build / grow their coaching practices
This course is wide-ranging bringing in theories from neuroscience, positive psychology and transactional analysis as well as normative coaching methodologies.
Ruth Kudzi, MCC accredited coach, Course director, Lead instructor
Lucy Power, PCC accredited coach, Lead instructor transactional analysis, Mentor, Assessor
Sandra Whiles, PCC accredited coach, Mentor, Assessor
Katy Walton, ACC accredited coach, Assessor
Donna Edwards, ACC accredited coach, trainer, assessor
Dr Helen Johnson, ACC accredited coach, trainer, assessor
Samantha Jayasuriya, ACC accredited coach, trainer, assessor
Claire Brumby, ACC accredited coach, trainer, assessor
Anita Gohil-Thorp, PCC accredited coach, mentor
Francesca Aaen, associate coach trainer
Sarah Atkins, ACC accredited coach, trainer, assessor
Jennifer McCanna, PCC accredited coach, mentor
Louise Colbridge, ACC accredited coach, trainer, assessor
Emily Jones, PCC accredited coach, mentor
Anne Rae, PCC accredited coach, mentor
Sarah Smith, PCC accredited coach, mentor
Rebecca Brown, PCC accredited coach, mentor
Lizzie Martin, PCC accredited coach, mentor
Emily Duder, Coach training manager
Sonia Khaliq, EA to Ruth Kudzi
Ileana Irene, Marketing manager
This sounds great: when does it start?
Our next cohorts start in May with a November completion date
You choose the session time:
- Thursday 10-2pm starting w/c 10th May (you have 27 sessions with a break in August and October)
- Tuesday 6-10pm starting w/c 10th May (you have 27 sessions with a break in October)
- Weekends: Saturday & Sunday 8.30-5.30pm; 2nd weekend of every month starting 8th and 9th May (you have 7 full weekends, the final Sunday you only have to attend your assessment)
Investment : £5000 inc VAT or 12 x £500 inc VAT (this price will increase on the 1st March to be EXC VAT)
- 10 hours of coach mentoring with an experienced mentor worth - £1500 (which means that when you want to get accredited with the ICF it is a direct route to ACC or PCC status without having to pay more or do additional training as you would with an ACSTCH or CCE qualification)
- Access to Accelerate your success online program worth £997 which helps you to get the foundations of business growth in place
- Monthly group business coaching and mentoring with Ruth worth £2500
- Feedback on 6 recorded sessions worth - £900 and additional feedback throughout the course
- Additional bonus modules and resources worth £3000 including coaching tools and masterclasses looking at coaching approaches including: performance, team, executive, business and group coaching
- Additional masterclasses worth £1000 + looking at everything from equality and diversity to neurodiversity
- Access to our membership community The Coaching Hub for the duration of the program worth £250
- 4 core course texts sent to your door worth £50
This is over £10,000 extra value PLUS if you want to apply for ICF ACC or PCC you have the direct route (you don't need to pay for mentor coaching or additional training as you do with ACSTH courses or CCE's)
By having everything in one place you save money and time PLUS you have the peace of mind to know you won't have to invest more to become professionally accredited AND that we will support you personally
"I can 110% recommend Ruth's coach training. It came at a perfect time for me as I was looking to branch out with the services I offered clients and it has worked out really well.
The sessions were well-timed and well-paced, with the right amount of support and feedback. I was part of a fantastic cohort of women I found the online format engaging and convenient. With lots of opportunities to work with Ruth and others on the course, as well as mentoring sessions, we were able to learn a huge amount over the seven-month duration.
If you are looking for a coaching course that really delivers and a trainer who cares, this is it!"
Natalie Trice, The Visibility Duchess
Confidence Coach and PR Mentor for Media Professionals and Small Business Owners
"When I started the program I had been working as a coach formally for more than a year and in over 20+ years as a pharmacist. During all of that time I had been using coaching and training and I really wanted to use it properly and be top of my game with it. I was lacking knowledge and confidence to go deeper with people.
The course has given me a deeper understanding of what coaching is and how I can get the best results for my clients. It has shown me this whole world that I want to explore and do even more in. The biggest thing is the confidence that I now have in terms of being able to deliver for my clients.
It is amazing how my business has developed and changed over the last six months with the help of the course and working through the challenges, thoughts and ideas with such a range of coaches has been hugely beneficial. I have really shifted to a corporate client base and it is a really interesting shift for me.
I think if you want to be a coach, work as a coach, be successful as a coach, be confident as a coach, then this is the course for you. It's unlike any training that I've ever done before, it's just great. I never worry about coaching someone now. I feel like I always know where to go. I can respond and I don't go in thinking what I am going to ask them. I can be completely curious and open to what they want to do in the session and it works: it is so much better for them and I just love it. I'm so happy to take the full joy out of it."
Francesca Aaen, Business and Performance Coach
How much is the time commitment?
You have 4 hours a week (or 16 a month) and you are excepted to do 1-2 hours of coaching each week on top of this plus at least 1 hour of personal development work.
If you want to get your ICF accreditation at the same time as you graduate you need to do aprox 4 hours of coaching a week.
We know that life can be busy so we give you a year after graduating to complete your 50 hours to become certified.
Why is it more expensive than other courses?
Because we have smaller cohorts, more in depth training (and more training hours), 10 mentor hours and teach to the highest ICF standards at ACTP level (if you aren't sure of the difference check their website!)
AND we provide valuable business mentoring support which is rarely provided in other programs we do this as we want our graduates to coach not just do a qualification.
Our qualification is the best value for money full diploma on the marketplace today
What are the other people like?
It is a wide range of people from business owners who want to add coaching to the mix of what they are doing, existing coaches who want a professional qualification and those who are looking to retrain.
The ages range from 20 - 60s and we welcome people from all backgrounds.
People have varied backgrounds including; education, entrepreneurship, HR, social work, accountancy, professional services, PR and marketing, academia, law, journalism, project management and engineering.
You don't need any formal academic qualifications only the ability to learn and take on feedback.
What if I don't know anyone who wants to be coached?
This is okay, you have a coaching buddy in the program and we have links with organisations for pro bono coaching. You are also able to tap into Ruth's network at certain points to get pro bono clients AND we help you with how to get paid clients too.
We have never had a student who has not been able to get pro bono clients through our network, the group and our third sector partnerships: we help you with this!
How will you help me with my business?
Ruth is one of the most highly regarded business coaches in the UK and has worked with 1000s of people to help them get their first client or to build and scale.
You get access to her expertise as well as the other experienced trainers who share and support you both in the facebook group and on the mentoring calls as well as in the training.
How will it help me stand out?
The course is taught to an incredibly high standard which means that your Professional Coaching Diploma help you to stand out in a crowded and unregulated market and can be used to get accreditation with the ICF and AC.
Requirements to meet to join the program;
You will be aware of the commitment for the program and will be willing to coach outside the program to gain experience.
You will be open to receiving feedback and will be keen to develop and become a certified coach.
You will need to agree to abide by the ICF ethics guidelines and to get appropriate insurance.
No formal qualifications are required.
Payment of tuition and fees:
All payments for fees will be completed by the start of the program, if you are paying on a payment plan you will have paid at least the first instalment when the program starts.
Late payments may mean that your place on the program is reviewed according to our terms and conditions.
Policies on withdrawals and refunds:
As per the terms and conditions (click at the bottom of the page) you can withdraw from the course within 14 days of signing your contract and a full refund will be offered.
If you want to withdraw beyond 14 days a place will be offered to you on a later program.
Is the course ICF accredited?
The course is accredited to the ACTP standard for the ICF - you can find the course on the ICF website.
This is a full coaching diploma (ACTP) program which is taught in accordance with the ICF standards and code of ethics and offers fast track to ACC and PCC.
The Professional Coach Diploma is accredited to a ACCT level with the Association of Coaching